5JL Care Support Service
5JL Care Support Service provides a modern family home with a relaxed environment for adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health in a supported living environment.
Working alongside councils/boroughs and in partnership with social workers and health professionals, we provide a smooth transitional process where we can support and encourage adults to maximize their full potential at their own pace.
All our accommodation is provided with a large communal lounge, a widescreen TV, a large conservatory, a large kitchen. There is also a visitor’s room where adults can have privacy with their families and community support teams.
Our main aim is to empower our tenants by giving them freedom of choice to promote their independence, personal dignity, building confidence and self-esteem.
We are Regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and as that we adhere to the policies set by the Care Quality Commission.
Our expert care supports our service users to continue to live independently in the familiar surroundings of their own homes through the following Ways:
We support and supervise our service users to participate in various sport and social activities within the community.
This support will:
increase and maintain physical well-being, enable them to expel energy, decrease isolation, increase his independence and enable him to meet with his own age group. Some of the activities we accompany our service users to include:
- Gym, swimming, basketball, football, table tennis, cycling, dancing –available at leisure and youth centres
- Drop in advice centres (education, employment, advocacy etc.)
Person centred support
- Providing care and support that is focused on the individual, and their needs.
- Choice and Control – young people are allowed and supported to make choices.
- Learning – an approach that helps young people to try new things and learn new skills
- A care approach that values, and fosters good relationships
- Communication – speaking to people respectively and listening to what they have to say
Promoting healthy lifestyle
We promote healthy lifestyle by supporting our service users to understand the importance of healthy living. Our staff:
- Encourage participation in sport and recreational activities
- Support with following a healthy diet.
We support our service users to increase their independence in regards to:
- Road safety and transport
- Living skills
- Shopping and cooking
- Tidying up and cleaning
We offer support with developing social skills by:
- Support with accessing social events and thus meeting new people
- Support with how to interact with others, i.e. social etiquette when communicating with others, sharing and cooperation
- Awareness of social boundaries and appropriate behaviour in the community
We are helping our service users and their families to manage behavioural difficulties by preparing and using individual behavioural management plans. Some of the behaviours we are dealing with are:
- Aggressive Behaviour
- Hyperactivity & Impulsivity
We support our service users to access a variety of free of charge activities, available at leisure centers, libraries, youth centers and advice centres around the area.