Are you requiring your staff members to gain skills and techniques in the following area?
- To be able to identify key triggers that can cause conflict
- learn how to De- Escalate Aggressive People
- learn how to diffuse volatile situation
- Dealing with violet scenarios and working within the Mental Health Act
We can deliver training for your Staff Members in the Mental Health and Learning Difficulties Settings.
We are offering to deliver the following training at a very competitive price:
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION TRAINING.
- DE-ESCALATION TRAINING.
- BREAKAWAY TECHNIQUES.
This training courses are specifically for those who work with adults or young people who may have mental Health or learning difficulties.
Delegates will learn to recognise many aspect of conflict and to explore and understand different methods and technique to effectively manage and resolve conflict situations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Care staff, support workers and professionals whose work may pose them to situation that may become volatile and may result in violence.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TRAINING
This module is designed to recognise different aspects of conflict that staff and professionals may encounter and to understand and be aware of different methods of resolving such conflict.
- To be able to describe common causes of conflict
- To be able to describe forms of ‘communication’.
- To understand how communication can break down.
- To have an understanding of communication models that can assist in conflict resolution.
- Understand patterns of behaviour that may be encountered during different interactions.
- To look at examples of different warning and danger signs.
- Have an understanding of ‘reasonable force’ within conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate methods for dealing with possible conflict situations.
- Tool to help calm situations
- Working with young people and the challenges they bring (if applicable to your client group)
- Primary needs and how they can help us to establish “what’s gone wrong”
- The things we should not do or say when other people are angry, emotional or upset
- The skills we need to learn to be able to de-escalate other people’s negative behaviours
- Defence from a variety of wrist and body grabs, holds, punches and kicks
- Quick and safe escapes from strangles, chokes and hugs
- Self-risk assessment: evaluating the situation and environment
- The use of passive holds and the law surrounding these holds
- The dangers & risks associated with positional asphyxia, and excited delirium
- The law: what we can and cannot do: The Criminal Law Act The use of reasonable force
DETAILS FOR EACH TRAINING COURSE:
Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Certification: Certificate of Attendance
Cost: £499.00 (Maximum 10 Candidates)